🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2020 08 05]]
📚 Node [[2020-08-05]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2020 08 05]]
August 5th, 2020
- I intend to write Caramel City today.
- I intend to assemble one piece of Ikea furniture.
- I intend to properly fix the bathroom light fixture.
- Save recovery code for matrix.
- Set up matrix communities.
- Try out pentadactyl for firefox. Actually tried "saka key". Decent, but still interferes with some sites more than I'd like and doesn't have a "default off mode" which I'd like.
- Interacted with exgenesis, Juan Jose Fernandez
19:05 always mention downsides
always mention the downsides of your ideas or approaches. people should understand the flaws of the current system.
19:06 knowing math
- know how to use machinery to transform problems into solutions
- understand how to advance the field; learning to read and write proofs most people do not need to write proofs, but its important to understand how the real world relates to math
It's important to recognize a world in which you can phrase a problem and the ability to sovle a concrete problem within this framework.
read the wilson book for graph theory!
Tech Won't Save Us podcast
I stumbled on the Tech Won't Save Us podcast the other day, and after listening to a few episodes (interviews with Dan Hind, Lizzie O'Shea, and Grace Blakely) I recommend it really highly, if you're interested in tech from a (left-wing) political perspective.