🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2020 09 28]]
📚 Node [[2020-09-28]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2020 09 28]]
- The tiny mention of Simply Jekyll in [yesterday's journal](Sept 27th, 2020) turned into pouring all of my content into that template instead.
Since I had to go into Cloudflare to update the #IPNS link, I fixed my blog SSL issue.
blog.bmannconsulting.comis still running on Netlify, and something with the Netlify certificate and the Cloudflare stuff changed.
- Cloudflare lets you generate certs, and this blog post tells you what to paste into Netlify's third field.
- I suspect editing the IPNS will mean that Cloudflare will mostly hang on to the cache for 6 hours or so. I voted for the purge cache for Cloudflare IPFS Gateway on their community forum.
- I need to do some more work on how Journal posts like this one work.
#Co-op and B-Corps structures are supposed to prevent this sort of thing. @jonrshell posts a thread covering the background of people soon to be in charge of MEC:
Short version: @MEC to be run by three middle-aged white men: a mediocre-at-best American investor, an out-of-work grocery CEO and a COO who might never have managed a store and runs a guns-and-testosterone shoe brand. This should go well! [@jonrshell](https://twitter.com/jonrshell/status/1310600995928498178 ?s=20)
2020 09 28
- Nice, daily notes plugin was easy to set up.
- Tweeted about my experience for Roam -> Obsidian: https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1310487321767219200
- I wonder if I'll miss Roam. Perhaps the always-on browser nature of it? Unsure.
- I can't believe Mastodon doesn't have quote retweets: https://github.com/tootsuite/mastodon/issues/14597, https://twitter.com/flancian/status/1310521211768786945
- Another A pattern language reader: ablueaeshna.
- Figure out how to attach images and other Media in Obsidian
- Do Obsidian -> git -> flancia.org go links. Weekend.
- Buy A pattern language
- tacitronium told me about Gossip Networks: https://twitter.com/tacitronium/status/1310605483833733121
css is super important! use firefox devtools extensively when working withe platform grid for elements that require two-dimensional or static layouts, flexbox for elements that only require one dimension or are designed to 'flex' with the second dimension