🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2020 12 06]]
📚 Node [[2020-12-06]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2020 12 06]]
- OK, so I am continuing working on this from Dec 5th, 2020
- I thought I'd actually install Hugo and get it working locally before I attempt to upload it into Micro.blog.
brew install hugoand you're done, which is great.
- Looking at
hugo --helpshowed me that Hugo has a Jekyll import function.
- Since I had those social posts that I eventually want to get into Mb, this ended up perfect. I ran
hugo import jekyl PATH-TO-JEKYLL .to transform those posts into Hugo compatible files.
- I forked the marfa theme and put it into the Hugo folder. Error about a missing
custom_footer.htmlfile. Pretty sure this is part of the default Mb themes, so I just created an empty one in partials, and the site built and served locally! Very fast compared to my Jekyll experience: 568 ms for 569 pages and 220 static files!
- Micro.blog has a help page about custom themes. Looks like the Blank theme needs to get merged in for files like
- Looks like custom footer was the only one missing. I'll keep track of edits to it on the Marfa Theme notes page.
- Looking at Mb plugins. Found BigfootJS again via the Mb plugin for Bigfoot. Probably better for me to use on this site rather than the super custom margin / side notes.
- Enabled the OpenGraph plugin so I get social previews.
- Added a Blog category to the navigation, for all the actual blog posts with titles, rather than just short social ones.
- 2020-12-05 was great.
- samuel klein introduced me to don hopkins.
Asked twitter about privilege:
- fluorescing flower told me about whipping privilege: https://twitter.com/ForecastFire/status/1335326168602398720 .
- ben chase recommended so you want to talk about race.
- buy books as per the above.
- a new kind of science
- donate 25
- Learnt about satyagraha and saul williams from space flower.
- Still unsure whether I should buy/read a new kind of science
- Listened to deconstructing yourself.
- Practiced with shinzen young.
- TIL about eddie higgins, pianist.
- Me acordé de ritmo de la noche.
21:12 tracking projects
keep list of things you want to make progress on (ordered) if you make progress on one, write down exactly what you've done and move it to the bottom of the list
- Escucharé la Lecture 10 Cultural materialism and New Historicism
- Tomaremos café con Petra y Henning
- otro día nublado
- Leeré Edward W. Said], Gloria Anzaldúa y Frantz Fannon
Listened to another General Intellect Unit episode, this on Post Open Source. A bit of a downer this one, to be honest - it's about FOSS being dead. Free software having died a while back, and open-source being recently departed. There are many valid points. It's based on this article. Need more time to digest it and fully read the article.