🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2021 01 31]]
📚 Node [[2021-01-31]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2021 01 31]]
push agora hypothesis integration
- hypothesis feeds: https://web.hypothes.is/help/atom-rss-feeds-for-annotations/
are there such feeds for mastodon?
- push agora mastodon integration
- walter benjamin
- back problems
- bolo bolo
- orphan machine
- mycroft ai
- critique of worker coops
- lake atitlán
- agora feeds
- john ii komnenos
- feature requests
- agora feature requests
Interesting critique of worker coops. Main argument seems to be that they remove people from union organising and class struggle.
cooperatives retreat from the direct struggle between workers and owners to instead build worker-owners.
Not sure I get it… thoughts?
Interview with Omana George of Electronics Watch.
She discusses some of the problems in electronics supply chains, and the general anti-union and anti-organising practices of tech firms.
a nation is an inherently exclusive phenomena and defines itself in opposition to what it is
- what counts as American in the US is often defined by what it is not. black people were not properly American until relatively recently, for example
- A socialist nation is therefore a contradiction
most nations in Europe are younger than the US
- although “France” or “Germany” pre-date the existence of the US, their governments and nationalisms do not
- it’s hard to blame the Russian or German social democrats for participating in the state when both countries were autocracies where even nominal representation in government was a novelty
- A lot of US leftists believe in what amounts to an inverted American exceptionalism