🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2021 02 20]]
📚 Node [[2021-02-20]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2021 02 20]]
- Well, everything is working, but need to figure a few things out. I used iA Writer to post to the site and it works! I've made Article post types into what I call Notes here, the main post type.
Posting from Quill as an Article isn't going to work1, since it turns everything into HTML and escapes the square brackets in wikilinks.
- For the (Micropub) Notes post type, I've created a new kind called Logs. They use the current date stamp as their filename,
and I made a temporary logs page to display them.
So, I can post arbitarily long Notes posts with Markdown formatting and wikilinks. This could replace my manual Journal entries. Instead, I would auto-generate journal pages per day (not sure if this is possible), or maybe just show the last N days of logs on a main journal page.2
- I have been meaning to tinker with OpenFaas, specifically the non-Kubernetes faasd. This article -- Bring a lightweight Serverless experience to DigitalOcean with Terraform and faasd -- walks you through using Terraform and Digital Ocean to set things up.
- I've been looking for an open source serverless function runner to work with Fission. I think this could then also run things like IndieKit for me personally.
- I ended up buying the book Serverless for everyone else, which is an ebook by the creator of OpenFaas, Alex Ellis.
- I got as far as Terraform automating the creation of a Digital Ocean droplet, which is pretty great, but have some errors that may be DNS related. As part of getting things setup, also installed doctl, the command line tool for Digital Ocean.
- I decided that remote publishing of notes would be useful. So, back to setting up IndieKit. It has changed quite a bit since I last looked at it -- for the better!
- The actual server you deploy into Heroku is one index.js file. Here's mine bmann/indiekit-bmcgarden, which in turn is really just a copy of paulrobertlloyd/paulrobertlloyd-indiekit.
- I deleted everything except for Articles (which should turn into blog posts) and Notes (which will be notes, as long as notes don't have an arbitrary character limit coming in). I need to figure out templating to do things like turn Bookmarks into notes with the
link:front matter filled out.
- pushed reading protopoi
- indras net
- met jonathan-the-utopian
- reading protopoi
- edges of illusion
- met reighleyc
- protopoi reading club
- push ssg static site generator
- we went on an expedition to mehr als wohnen, flancia.
- other agoras
- push doikayt https://twitter.com/doikaytnik/status/1363209078072176642
- front matter
- agora server
- successfully hosted wiki! i pushed through!
- spent some time with friends
- wasted a lot of time waiting for package that didn't come (i need to work on doing more things on demand rather than by need)
today i will:
- knock off and/or add a few issues to the wiki. make progress! continue brainstorming how i can improve its functionality
- work on the sandbox project to hopefully get somewhere?
- clean the house
Been noodling with publishing org-roam via GitLab CI today, and made a good bit of progress.