🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2021 03 20]]
📚 Node [[2021-03-20]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2021 03 20]]
- The High Blogging Era, defined by Robin Sloan as mid-2000s. Hmmm. I was there and was a part of it, and RSS and blogs was all there was, before Twitter and Facebook etcetera that then became labeled as social media.
- Google Reader removed social features in 2011, and was shut down in 2013. I think the “high” era more properly is the mid 2000s until the fall of Reader. When many people were blogging, not just the early few. Maybe 8 years? A good run.
- But everyone will have their own nostalgia tinged view.
- Are we at the beginning of digital gardens and Second Brains? Will this be looked back on as the High Era? I’m more interested in getting it into the hands of everyone. Hmmm. Has Nora Young done a segment on Spark yet? I should attempt to get on a CBC Radio morning or afternoon show to talk about it.
- via Robin Rendle, Blogging and Dimly Lit Bars.
- via [@jamescham](https://twitter.com/jamescham/status/1372984959577690117 ), need to read The Man Who Lied to his Laptop #HCI
- part of weekend 11
- coffee with friends
- wikilinks everywhere -> next action
- autopush for nested lists of precisely the format of this one
- autopull in search results for all component tokens
implement pull transclusion as per creamy ricotta pasta with brocoli
- but needs, of course, for sites to agree to this
- fix go + agora search, make it accept and decode more useful combinations
- add support for wp and other commands a la yubnub.
- make default node color be green as currently in 'not found'; it matches the digital garden theme
compile list of entities like open collective and patreon.
- what's the class?
- stevefloyds told me about sapling
- bmann told me about launchlet
- the end
- mesh introduced me to douglas rushkoff
- karlicoss introduced me to pdb postmortem
- count my blessings
- web monetization
- lingua franca
Managed to successful build orgzly locally on my machine today, to get a few features that are in the source but not yet released.