🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2021 06 07]]
📚 Node [[2021-06-07]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2021 06 07]]
- hack firefox
social coop meeting notes https://pad.disroot.org/p/Social.Coop_Strategy_Summit_%231?utm_source=discussion_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_discussion
- I didn't go to this meeting but I'm glad I found the notes, and it seems neil was there!
- social coop meeting notes https://pad.disroot.org/p/Social.Coop_Strategy_Summit_%231?utm_source=discussion_mailer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=new_discussion
Problem: no matter what I do, I always seem to end up with 400+ tabs and no good procedure to garbage collect. I want tabfs to be part of the solution here, as it lets you run things like
rm *Twitter*, but for some reason it stopped working again for me. So now I need to decide whether to invest time in getting it working again or doing more manual work; I seem to get one or two of these decisions a day as of late. Things can always be improved.
Thought: security and hackability are in tension. Security can be used as an excuse to reduce hackability; you could call that "appeal to security". It can work a bit like "think of the children" -- and, like it, sometimes it makes sense and sometimes it doesn't.
22:38 moving away from this wiki
i have been and need to build a system to move away from this system; plaintext just isn't cutting it anymore.
however, i need something to use practically daily to take notes, so this is that.
align the four cores: apple, chest, stomach, and pubic bone should all align to form a straight line.
ask why someone feels good
not just when they say 'bad' to 'how are you' - we should be equally interested in their positive experiences!
some threads to come back to
23:17 learning from railway
- post daily wraps: what did you do previously? what are you going to do tomorrow? just post sometime during the day!
- minimize recurring meetings! we don't need a lot of them because they're distracting!
- use one service as a central hub, and have automated status updating
- discord: sync, super low resistance to hopping into other calls, tools or things; Linear: personal tast queue of tasks with definite acceptance criteria: imminent async; Notion: indefinite async and everything that has to do with long term documentation!
how to get into stimulants (concretely)? note: not healthy until my diet has stabilized!
narratives: write them and keep writing them! gain depth inwards, because depth inwards and truly understanding your own interactions and motivations empowers you to do anything with true conviction
all fork / no merge (found via Phil Jones)
- some good food for thought on p2p knowledge commons
chemacs2. I've been wanting to give Doom Emacs a spin for a while, but also not wanting to be left stranded with stuff not working as I get familiar with it. Looks like chemacs will help with that nicely - it lets you switch easily between configs.