🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2021 10 19]]
📚 Node [[2021-10-19]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2021 10 19]]
- Of Bernard Moitessier: "he only remains of the ocean and hates school."
- When we we deal with buildings, we deal with dead people and lose. They make our world more solid. They are attempts at permanence, at an unchanging immortality.
- "A building is always building and rebuilding."
- A good way to look at something more more as a whole is to ask 'what happens to and in X over time'?
- In the port of Long Beach during the supply chain slow down of 2021, it was said (by Flexport) that maintenance was a bottleneck. There was a shortage of skilled laborers to conduct that maintenance, and many appointments were no-shows. Why were trucks missing their appointments? Possibly a lack of pricing that would encourage trucks to show up?
- You cannot fully anticipate function.
- What is necessary? What may become necessary?