🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2021 12 05]]
📚 Node [[2021-12-05]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2021 12 05]]
- meme generator
- devine lu linvega
- gyuri lajos
widen wikipedia iframe
- wanted to also add a 'go' button for when you navigate away from the original iframe url -- tried it but unfortunately cross site policy doesn't let us read the iframe url it seems :()
- fix mastodon bot, why is it not updating the following list?
- start on agora rss == agora feeds
- plan week
- widen wikipedia iframe
incredible night last night
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toki_Pona Small, concise language intended for ease of acquisition!! Focuses on simple, near-universal concepts - expressing a lot with very little and optimizing for simplicity and positivity! - follows Linguistic relativity - Wikipedia : `sapir-whorf hypothesis` - that a language changes the way its speakers think and behave. used in therapy to help people eliminate negative thinking by tracking their thoughts in `toki pona` instead! wonderful
"worlds in which different societies live are distinct worlds… no two languagesare ever sufficiently similar to be considered as representing the same social reality"
Google Code Review Advice
- Assume competence - maybe someone just possesses information that the other isn't aware of!
- Motivate why the right way is what it is - explain why code is wrong!
- Find an end - it's okay to approve something that looks good overall, even if there are a few nitpicks! Instead of dragging on a conversation and criticising code line by line, much more important to handle all of the high level ideas and ensure some decent level of code quality then move on
- Okay to agree to disagree - even if a decision isn't quite a subjective preference
- reach out to prospective reviewers before writing any code - make sure everyone's on the same page and get some help speccing it out together!
- choose the reviewers. make sure they understand what's going on beforehand! get help early to make sure your fix is warranted or safe.
- state expectations you'd like for your code to meet - what's important about this code? what should they be interested in?
- address all comments - don't ignore any feedback, as it diminishes the time of the reviewers! at worst, move a structural issue to a later date or delay until a critical issue is fixed (depending on how important the change to make is)