🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2022 01 17]]
📚 Node [[2022-01-17]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2022 01 17]]
- finished early due to "no late meetings" day
- lots to do this week and next, but I have a plan :)
latency status quo is terrible - how can we do better?
lessons from phd
- lead or be led - actively advocate for yourself or you won't get what you want out of your experiences. you have far more information to determine how to prioritize than they do about you.
- topic sentences. write the first for each paragraph, them flesh all of the bodies out.
managers are IO machines. your best use of them isn't to prove that
you are productive; rather, it's to show up with something to answer
questions and receive feedback
- assume they forgot the last meeting
- bring things to talk about and a goal
- 3-4 sentences refreshing everyone
- what did you do? what worked? what did not? what do you do next?
- have something tangible - a demo or visual aid
- daily progress tracking - a feq quick bullet points to summarize what you did that day, every day. trace progress towards goals!
So I was thinking about the brief conversation we'd had about effective altruism, and I started writing, and I wrote a lot, so my preamble is that I mean here to put words to a seed of a heuristic I'm working with, not just criticize. But I don't really have a clean phrase for the topic... so I'm tossing this in my daily note, and maybe it'll make sense to move later?
update: moved to criticism page
Ordered this book of notebooks. It's shallow, but I do find the aesthetic of these things motivating.
- the medium is the message: television structures your day, smartphones are about using the smartphone and not necessarily the content