🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2022 06 05]]
📚 Node [[2022-06-05]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2022 06 05]]
I had a nice walk yesterday with a friend.
- We didn't, but we could have taken a walk on the wild side.
- build bridges
- #push philosophy in germany
- google doc
- took like half a minute to load just now
- unfortunately it still doesn't scale well enough, but I'm happy the team is responsive to performance issues!
- I'm now using logseq while I code. I think I will benefit from using it when I want to focus on one thing. It doesn't do multi pane like wiki vim, so I use that for running many tasks in parallel.
My internal discourse can be surprisingly strongly worded, in particular when applied to myself or to inanimate objects.
- "oh, look. it's a shitty window." -- just said of a Chromium window that Mastodon popped up that didn't let me change the URL to navigate away.
"you are stupid", "you are a fucking asshole" -- said to myself while coding.
- The first one means "that was stupid" which means "suboptimal/a dirty hack" and could very well be framed without appealing to the concept of stupidity.
- The second I'm unsure about; assholes in the biological sense are not bad.
- I feel like I love you a priori.
- I will show you the shape of my heart if you want to.
- My internal discourse can be surprisingly strongly worded, in particular when applied to myself or to inanimate objects.
- #0 bootstrap / add to the list / free slot
- #1 fix go links in nodes with multiple subnodes (j0lms)
- #1a merge, build_node cleanup
- #1b chezmoi merge (feels nice), composite go links now actually work in j0lms :D
- #1c one little push to try to get pushed go links to work!
#1d squash bugs with go links
- #2 improve recursive mode (would fix bugs as a side effect if it shipped as default)
- (backnoded) shipped on Monday!
- #3 slack
- talked to a friend over voice message
- noded syphon ~ siphon
- #4 fix latest (bouncepaw)
- kurt vonnegut
- #5 respond to liquid democracy (vera)
- #6 catch up with rooms
- #7 opt in writes
- scheduled on Monday
- #8 start programmatic signup
- scheduled for the week?
Learning more on Markets vs planning, finding it interesting how Friedrich Hayek's stuff on markets as a decentralised information processing system on the surface chimes with what I like about complex systems. And central planning is discordant with what I like about complex systems.
- But obviously politically I am strongly against what neoliberalism has wrought, and I am strongly pro what socialism offers.
- Intrigued to dig deeper on that. I imagine it might be along the lines of e.g. complex systems exist within another system which provides them with limits and direction, even if it doesn't plan every interaction. Or perhaps just that the analogy between natural systems and artificial ones only goes so far.