🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2022 08 29]]
📚 Node [[2022-08-29]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2022 08 29]]
2022-08-28 was productive but it ended with some deflation as I realized just how much there is still to do on agora pkg chapter and go/agora doc :)
- sync is not solved, did the sync to agora doc by hand just now -- it keeps links but footnotes aren't really in the doc, there's some formatting issues.
- there is just a lot to be edited/written yet.
- there's duplication.
- I need to be able to read end-to-end and not think "this section is completely crap/redundant" more than, say, once -- this evening ideally :)
- might take half a day?
- Bones are a source of calcium phosphate, and so boiling and crushing bones and putting them into the land can be used to revitalize soil. Treating the bonemeal with sulphuric acid makes the calcium phosphate even more available to growing plants. Potassium can be had from a potash made of wood ash, though it can also be found in minerals within rocks.
- Excess food production and preservation is needed to give large groups of people time to think.
Enzymes are only active at particular temperature, pH, and salinity ranges.
A simple method to preserve food is to dry it.
When grain is harvested, it needs to be dried before it is stored.
- High sugar content changes water activity by drawing water out of microbial cells. collapsed:: true
- High salt content changes water activity by drawing water out of cells and inhibiting microbial growth. collapsed:: true
- Acid is used to preserve food through things like vinegar.
- Kimchi, sauerkraut, and miso all use salt to draw out water, and then salt-resistant bacteria to grow and produce acid.
- When grain is harvested, it needs to be dried before it is stored.
- A simple method to preserve food is to dry it.