🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2022 12 18]]
📚 Node [[2022-12-18]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2022 12 18]]
Just reading through Yancey Strickler’s The Dark Forest Theory of the Internet again as I add it here since it’s linked from Moving Castles: Modular and Portable Multiplayer Miniverses
- Uh… while he tags The Three Body Problem book right at the top, he is defining #[[dark forest]] as the opposite of how I think about it
- No no — the Internet at large is a dark forest. The private spaces are #[[cozy web]]
- Anyway, it’s a good article. The ending, which talks about large open platforms becoming more dangerous as people of good intent leave, is very telling as people set up shop on #Mastodon
Daring Fireball Musk Steers Twitter Right Into the Iceberg, Bans All Links to All Other Social Media Sites
- Well, this is an argument for POSSE
- The way I do this with Micro.blog, where posts flow to #Twitter, isn’t cross posting
- It’s using MicroBlog as a “client” to post to multiple places — like #linkedin and Tumblr
- Here’s the write up on feeds in Micro.blog — the Mb docs and settings are hard to find when searching so I’m not even sure that’s totally up to date
- This lead me to Belle B. Cooper’s post on leaving Micro.blog and reminded me that I have all these same complaints (chief among them: not open source) but have stuck with it from frustration of having to run my own relatively fragile service
- Indie Kit on #Heroku was great other than an issue eventually with images not working
Gordon Brander on pace layering Gordon Brander > Patterns > Pace Layering
- Pace layers are a model for thinking about change, developed by Stewart Brand .
- Each layer acts as a platform for the layer above it, and moves more slowly, else it wouldn't act as a platform.
- Fractal Networks seen via [@shoraibit](https://twitter.com/shoraibit/status/1604685774141767680 ) replying to suzuha
- earlier tonight: worked a bit on Flancia, did yoga, read about Avalokitesvara and Maitreya, played with Lady Burup.
- ordered a new server :)
- tried fixing an issue but botched
git revert, silly, but it happens :) this way we learn.
- won the world cup today!
- we got emotional