🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2022 04 07]]
📚 Node [[2022-04-07]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2022 04 07]]
- vera is experimenting with immers space.
- LATER continue experimenting with docker/podman in hypatia
- LATER look into the twitter bug affecting ivo / see roco
- LATER flancia meet
- LATER go back to sqlite branch
- LATER experiment with gitea garden
- LATER decide whether to experiment or drop personal hedgedocs
- LATER edit flancia org
- LATER write building bridges or some other high priority chapter
- LATER yoga with x
- #push 2022-04-10
- #push 2022-04-08
Emotional energy may flow in any meeting. Let it fill rather than drain. It fills when everyone feels together.
- Attend to where attention is. Bring everyone's attention together. Any feeling can bring everyone together. The feeling is channeled to get everyone to move together. Watch rhythm. Build rhythm.
- To give yourself energy, give everyone else energy.
- A clear aim makes every moment easy to listen to. Listening, it is easy to remember. Remembering, it is easy to continue moving together. So, every part is deeply interesting because of the whole it is a part of. Feel the part for the whole. Parts are not interesting when you are outgroup, when you are out of the whole (as in non-grapplers watching bjj competitions). Parts are very interesting when you are ingroup, because the ingroup knows the shared aim that the parts are important to.
- Start now.
- Get energy from filling a small pond, then flow to a big pond. Win in small arenas, then move on to a bigger arena. Strength against weakness. Surfaces and gaps. Local first, then global.
- Monitor for gap. Do not move for an attack until a gap is found. Watch for what does not fit with the land. What does not fit with the whole. The gap is often when people are moving between fixed priors. Between fixed positions, when they are looking for another position to fix to, and put all their weight into that expected position. Once a gap is found, enter and tame. The side that is more united, that is more aligned, typically tames the less united side. Bring them into the fold. collapsed:: true
- Dense, united ingroups are coalesced with many high emotional energy meetings, meetings that brim with movement. Shifting hierarchies between ingroups and outgroups are formed by canalizing groups into an arena with the possibility of a clear winner and winning that arena by taming other groups. Prestige comes from repeated change where an ingroup absorbs an outgroup and a part of the ingroup is associated with that change.
- Strong ties between parts with high emotional energy bring a lot of change. The part that better pays attention to all the other high emotional energy parts (enough to be touched by them repeatedly) tends to be most robust.
- Pay diffuse attention to when and where a big wave is coming. Surf that wave. Which ponds are growing? Go there, and help coalesce a dense, united ingroup there.
- Where parts resist change is an opportunity for a part that lets change happen. The totality of reality is the most important whole. If an ideal, an expectation, a particular time or a wish are smaller than all, they will be swept away by all. A part that is moving with what is between many other parts often ends up being most loved by all. Other's fixations are your advantage.
- Maximum Attunement
- Where do you get energy? Go there.
- Attack when they're unstable. They're usually unstable when they're moving between fixed positions, between priors.
- After the Soviet collapse, groups of athletes, martial artists, and veterans rose to provide protection in place of the state. When the initial spike of inter-group conflict sorted the inter-group hierarchy, these men, who were most familiar with violence, were slowly edged out or turned into providers of stability. Those who used what they got right after the collapse to get more stable forms of power (such as legal businesses) and join with other groups to provide stability for a bigger population ended up with wealth. The groups that built mutually beneficial relationships with government officials did well, those that attacked representatives of the state were stamped out.