🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 04 11]]
📚 Node [[2023-04-11]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 04 11]]
- 2023-04-10 came and went with a variety of feelings
- oncall, got paged before 8am, but it was nothing critical and I was able to fall back asleep eventually (I needed some more rest)
- focus time is important, I'll try to do 2h of focus before meetings today -- I usually find it hard due to the dead time phenomenon, but I also think I want to try to become better at focusing even in such a situation (when there are imminent appointments)
- publish document for session
- review sessions
- verify status of canadian permit as I'm doing a layover there
- book hotel in sunnyvale
- -> 2023-04-12
- happy we met!
- Your product or service needs to fit with their workflow, and with what they would need if they were experimenting.
Labeling emotions may help people come out with them.
- It seems like you're feeling 'X'? How 'X' are you? What led to that feeling? What needs to happen for that feeling to be better? What can I do to help you make this happen?
Deep curiosity about an interlocutor will make any conversation interesting.
- Making things about others yields unknown opportunities because they are more likely to share what they know that you don't.
- Ask questions that trigger answers that use thinking, feeling, or doing statements.
- If someone tends to block others, give them something specific to do. Make them feel important. collapsed:: true
- When people think something new is impossible, ask them what's impossible to do that would really help them out, then ask them about what would make that possible.
How can you ask something that will help someone say "No"?
- What can you ask that will get both parties of a conflict to mirror each other?
- If someone isn't pulling their weight, point out the ways you think you probably frustrate them.
- Tuesday, 04/11/2023 ** 00:10 I'm starting to feel the lack of a support system here. I can't just see Benjamin or hang with Gus and Ameya or play some video games with Phoebe or anything.