🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 05 08]]
📚 Node [[2023-05-08]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 05 08]]
- A story interests someone when there is more than one way that what is shown in the story can go, and the audience would like it more if only one of those ways happen. collapsed:: true
Questions to ask if you are giving people a product or service. From Michele Hansen.
- What are they trying to do?
- What are the steps of the workflow?
- Where are they now?
- Where in their workflow is the problem?
- How often do they get blocked from what they're trying to do?
- What have they tried? collapsed:: true
- What do they want?
- What did they use to try to get what they want? (esp MacGyvered stuff)
- What does it cost if they get it wrong?
- What goes into their decisions? In their words, why do they choose the solutions that they choose?
- What happens if they don't solve the problem well?
- Who else is part of the decisions they make about the problem?
- How will they feel is the problem is or isn't solved?
Who might they talk to if the problem is or isn't solved?
- What would they say about how they solved the problem?
- What would they be proud or ashamed of sharing?
- Is this something people want? Is this something they can figure out how to use? Will it make money? Is this something we can make or do?
- Five people is often enough interviews to make a business decision that requires interviews, but another heuristic is "stop when you start hearing the same things over and over again".
- Framing questions based on time often works better than asking why. This is probably because 'why' summons causal explanations. So, "what did you do before this?" instead of "why did you start doing this?".
- Talk to your happiest customers to see how to bring more happy customers.
- Help them forget you are a person.
- Monday, 05/08/2023 ** 11:02 Don't ever fall into the 'long tail' of an idea. ** 20:23 Back on my work. The company name isn't trademarked and the domain is cheap. Edited a photo today for the first time in forever. Can't wait to edit many more. What consumer software should I build first?