🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 07 08]]
📚 Node [[2023-07-08]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 07 08]]
My Mac Mini is now running MacOS/Ventura and I've officially given up on running Linux on it
- Now to get it set up as Boris Mann/Home Lab
- Need Docker/Desktop for a bunch of things
- Once it was updated I sat on the couch with my laptop and did a bunch of things over screen sharing
I posted to CoSocial Mastodon and to Bluesky and got a bunch of responses with tips
I have a Mac Mini running MacOS Ventura (the last Intel version).
My plan is to run it as the main server for a home lab now that I have a 100Mbps uplink.
I think I’m going to run Docker for some things that I currently host on Digital Ocean, and add a kind of Gateway Server on DO that has a static IP, does caching, and a few other things.
Anyone else have ideas on what to run from a home lab, especially on #MacOS
- Scott Nelson pointed to Headscale over Tailscale The Homelab Show https://thehomelab.show/2022/07/21/the-homelab-show-ep-64-tailscale-and-headscale/
- I took a look but it looks mostly out of date. Of the apps included, the blog and the wiki seem extremely basic compared to what I'm used to
- Nextcloud was mentioned several times. I've been meaning to learn about administering this, especially in context of perhaps running it to support operations (and maybe members?) at #CoSocial
- I don't really feel the need to run Pihole
Jeff Henshaw says SyncThing
- Longer discussion here, the majority of my files sync through iCloud and... it's fine?
- Various people pointed at Home Assistant. I live in an apartment and don't really have anything home automation wise
Jason Cornick gave a whole list of stuff, the interesting ones of which I created local pages for here
- mastodon:: https://hachyderm.io/@cornickj/110681867155829314
Boris I’m using homepage , pihole, bookstack , miniflux , audio bookshelf, actualbudget, it-tools and [home-assistant](Home Assistant). All running great in docker. I use Tailscale to securely connect to them all remotely, so I don’t need to open any inbound firewall holes.
- He's running everything on Docker, and also pointed at Watchtower for automating updates to the container images
- mastodon:: https://cosocial.ca/@boris/110681788599605945
Started having a play around with Anytype.
- A local-first, p2p, Notion-y type of thing. It's very nicely made.
- Using it for recording structured data and relationships for Reclaim the stacks. Quicker and easier than putting it all in a hand-built DB.
- It's making me think about how I could in theory recreate similar functionality in org-mode.
- Maybe I will try to, eventually, so everything can remain in the garden. But it'll be easier for me to do it in Anytype to begin.
Finished writing and sent Reclaim roundup July 2023.