🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 07 27]]
📚 Node [[2023-07-27]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 07 27]]
#push kill wayland
- After much debugging I finally realized the issue was not with systemd trying to start vnc while wayland was still not running, crashing too many times and then giving up (like I long thought it was), but rather that the vnc service was not depending on a target that was actually being triggered.
- Trying to set up vnc so it starts only after wayland/a graphical session is running and it's proving harder than expected for not the first time :)
- I would expect to add a Requires or WantedBy in the systemd unit, but alas, it's not as easy as that?
- I use sway so maybe the right targets aren't there by default though, as that's supposed to be solved by a "desktop environment".
- Somehow I ended up at https://github.com/jceb/dex which, beyonds its scope in a friendly way, tells me of how to configure a systemd autostart in a way that maybe could work. Plot twist: it didn't.
- https://github.com/maximbaz/dotfiles/issues/23 showed the way: the issue was that nothing was triggering graphical-session.target. I added a line to my sway config to do that as per the first comment in the issue (thank you maximbaz on github) and that was enough to fix my long standing woes. This feels like freedom :)
- #push autostart
- Picked up Obsidian again after a looong time to show it to Venisa.
- Thursday, 07/27/23 ** 12:59 Only have so much time. Looking at other work isn't learning. Making your own work and watching it interact with the world is. Meeting people is. Going outside is. Working with people is. Making is the best thing that someone can do. ** 14:21 Pharrell's producer tag is so good. Four beats. Sets moods and feelings for songs without compromising vulnerable music with a blaring 'PROD X' blaring in the back. Unique feel to those tracks without being able to identify exactly why until you know the secret. ** 19:52 Pixelated stone sculpture As if the image hasn't yet buffered Inspired by low-res images loading on Tumblr Looks like it's still rendering in, low fidelity (64x64px or something wild)
Carve out big stone blocks Higher fidelity than pixel art
Commentary on historical figures, wikipedia, networks, patience