🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 09 20]]
📚 Node [[2023-09-20]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 09 20]]
i also use avidemux for simple video editing. 20:22 Samuel Klein Samuel Klein says:love your naming scheme! Samuel Klein says:this diagram also suggests scale-free design [which is compelling; not privileging zoomed-in or zoomed-out parts of the whole] Samuel Klein says:++ 20:36 PK Peter Kaminski Peter Kaminski says:Flask is a lightweight web application framework for Python Peter Kaminski says: https://flask.palletsprojects.com/
20:41 JM Jerry Michalski Jerry Michalski says:is that like agreeing on a hashtag? 20:47 Samuel Klein Samuel Klein says:One thing I'd like to see more easily is the list of repositories in your agora, and which ones have a node for a given wikilink Samuel Klein says:I have to run! This was great to see, worth tuning to a 15-min pitch Samuel Klein says:❤️ ❤️ ❤️ 21:01 avatar Samuel Klein Samuel Klein says:oho my next meeting was moved back I have 15 min 😃 21:02 JM Jerry Michalski Jerry Michalski says:yay! Jerry Michalski says:it's a hypertext catfish! 21:05 Aram Zucker-Scharff Aram Zucker-Scharff says:I found this very useful! I have to drop 21:07 JM Jerry Michalski Jerry Michalski says:see you! 21:07 PK Peter Kaminski Peter Kaminski says: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glock_switch
21:09 avatar Samuel Klein Samuel Klein says:there's probably room a tool like "full auto-linker" that could look through your doc + its context, check your agora for entities that exist across the conjoined namespace, and autolinking concepts the first time they appear in your doc
- Wednesday, 09/20/23 ** 10:31 Some deliberate life improvements that I feel are significantly changing the way I am living life:
- Replacing phone use cases with external devices. Phone should live in the back pocket, not the front pocket, and be used only as a last resort.
- Pausing before speaking. An uncomfortably long pause followed by a well-reasoned answer is far more clear than a series of ramblings before directing someone to the right place.
- Time tracking on google calendar. Now that I know how I spend my time, I can take steps to deliberately improve it.
- Planning small time frames in google calendar ahead of time. Same reason - helps set goals.
- Writing more and making videos critiquing my photos. I think these things already, but writing them down - making them real - voicing and highlighting these ideas - helps me learn to talk about work, advance its quality, and share my work with others.
- Dealing with menial tasks by end of day - always. There is never not time for another five minute email in my life now.
- Making a deliberate effort to take photos every day.