🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 02 11]]
📚 Node [[2023-02-11]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 02 11]]
Laurie Voss rebuttal to Alex Russell’s latest post The case for frameworks
Alex makes the astonishing assertion that "vanishingly few scaled sites feature long sessions and login-gated content". The above, as an anecdote to the contrary, is a screenshot of my start screen on my personal laptop in Firefox; it is roughly speaking a list of my most-visited websites. Ignoring Alpaca, an unreleased side project of mine, all but one are SPAs. Taking the requirements of "long sessions, login gated content", all but one should be single page apps.
Certainly the long tail of websites in the world is probably mostly static, but the big sites -- where all the development dollars are spent -- are overwhelmingly rich, complex sites. The money is in rich apps, not because the money is being wasted, but because the content and services people pay for are highly personalized and dynamic, where rich apps shine.
- Last week we kicked off the Decentralized Data Compliance Working Group
The OSS community clinging to the LAMP stack (and then Docker) rather than adopting the 12 Factor Apps pattern and onwards to serverless is only going to become more of a problem. There is no path from LAMP to [conversational programming](Why the fuss about conversational programming?) https://social.coop/@bmann/109845198227859852
- Need to retrieve my 2012 post The New Hack Stack. I really do need to fix how stuff is published here.
- For competition, Manto BJJ has been focusing on the 3 H's: handfighting, keeping their hips higher than the opponent's, and keep their hips pointed toward the ground- better known in wrestling as a hip heist. unarmed
- Rob Gray of the Perception-Action school of sports learning analysis says, "Learning is not the process of repeating a solution, it is the process of repeating finding a solution."
- It's easier to manipulate and control something with structure.
- To aid in learning tracking, an aging stand is recommended for whatever environment you might track in. In the same way scientists study how bodies decompose, it is useful to study how things are affected over time in a given landscape.
- Pairs of coyotes make helixes as they move.
- Find a thousand ways to get to the outcome. end
- For more power generated from body movement, increase length and size of kinetic chain.
- When you storyboard a scene for an ad, consider what questions the scene would need to pose to give the audience the answer that what you have is what they need. propaganda
- The timing of when to talk about solutions is after enough questions have been to asked to find out what needs there are. Once the needs are out in the open, they can be addressed with solutions- so long as the solutions do actually fit the needs. sales
- The founder of Judo, Jigaro Kano, is often quoted on the importance of 'maximum efficiency' (精力善用), but perhaps this might be better understood as 'life force used well'. To take advantage of, or to practice good use of vigorous force.
- Roger Gracie on rote repetition: "The moment you know how how to apply [the mechanic], there's no more point in drilling. Now you have to practice with resistance."
- What has scale-free scalability? How can we design collectives with scale-free scalability? Is this what the conquering Mongol army was? Did every early stage world religion have this?
- How would we plant the seed for a new world religion that has a modular structure? What building block can we give people to create their own religion?