An Agora is defined by its code of conduct or contract. It is of utmost importance for it to be well specified and understandable by all. Because of this we prefer explicit over implicit.
A contract is a public list of assertions.
- Feel free to contribute corrections to this list by submitting patches to this file in the Agora repository or by providing guidance or feedback.
- Above all, be honest; be true to yourself.
Try to be constructive, kind, rational, and compassionate.
- When interacting with others, either directly or indirectly, please keep in mind and follow the principle of charity.
- When you disagree with someone, please prioritize achieving greater mutual understanding over winning an argument.
- If you made a mistake, apologize.
Members of this Agora are free to volunteer their personal extensions to this list, according to their own set of values, by writing in this node.
- The Agora can be forked at will and with no presumption of ill intent by a subset of the community whenever contracts become incompatible.
- This Agora is a repository of intents.
⚖️ I endorse the base contract of the agora in my doing and being here! 📜
I will shape my participation through what I think may be useful to others, and to cross pollinate from what others have shared.
I may be marginal, but I hope to be a slight marginal positive for the folks of the agora and its shared aims.
The formalization of a mutually beneficial relationship among or between two or more parties.
Issues to look out for:
- Was there mutual assent?
- Was there a mutual exchange of consideration? A completely one sided agreement is generally unenforceable, but there are exceptions (e.g., promissory estoppel, or a promissory note).
- Was there an integration clause contained within a written agreement? If not, other evidence outside of the written agreement may be introduced if a dispute arises.