🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2021 12 27]]
📚 Node [[2021-12-27]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2021 12 27]]
- worked today for as long as I planned to, then did one pomodoro on the agora. it felt good.
the witcher season 2
thought about magic
- thought of one possible (fictional) explanation for why magic could have worked, then gone away from the world.
- thought about magic
- vera coded hover behaviour for the agora, gave it a try, feeling nice
push meditation technique
- box breathing
- count up one after a full inhale+exhale cycle
- optionally factorize number or run f(n) on the exhale, this seems to help retention/focus
- primes feel like rest in a nice way
- optionally attach thoughts / projects / items to numbers
- numbers 1..7 are currently attached
- push knowledge commons
Last node club of 2021! I am going to look at gift economy. (I was originally going to look at totalitarianism as I'm reading V for Vendetta but this feels a bit more festive). I am interested how gift economies relate to / differ from mutual aid and commoning.
Reading V for Vendetta
Giving lives in a domain ranging from deep symbolism to basic housekeeping. It is the currency of the small-scale resilient community. It is sometimes magic, in that some kinds of gift can be given over and over again without loss—love, for example, and (in a different sense, since time cannot really be replenished) the gift of reciprocal service to each other. The “reciprocal” part happens, but not by arrangement. This is the opposite of transparency: you cast your gift upon the waters, and what comes back is trust.