🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2022 04 27]]
📚 Node [[2022-04-27]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2022 04 27]]
- Getting back into things after the holiday hiatus.
- #push auerbach
- #push do
If the plane is going down, landing it softly is better than crashing.
- A fully decaying Empire can play for time by shaping it's competitors growth, fighting more with less energy, and keeping an eye on the long-term. So the wise decaying Empire would stretch toward ability for springing back resilience and holding up what is already there sustainability. To do this, the Empire must keep up with begetting a few new things innovation to help it move (in part by copying the best of what it's enemies use), encourage enemies to ignore it, and play enemies against each other.
- An expeditionary enemy force is allowed to over reach into their territory, until they can be separated from their base and finished off.
- The aim is not to win battles, but to win the war for life.
- "Conventional soldiers think of the jungle as being full of lurking enemies. Under our system, we will do the lurking."
- Competitive advantage is context dependent.
We had a go with the telescope for the first time yesterday! It was a lot of fun. It turns out that distant stars are still tiny pricks of light even through a telescope, go figure, but you can see a whole lot more of them. We looked at Vega, Arcturus, the Beehive Cluster, the Double Cluster, and we think we saw a UFO - to be confirmed.