🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 08 16]]
📚 Node [[2023-08-16]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 08 16]]
- Wednesday, 08/16/23 ** 22:04 Missed lots of opportunities today.
- The woman taking (what I assume to be) incredible photos with the Mamiya RB-67 - I could have talked to her when I saw her doing it! Her outfit was great. I'm not quite sure why I didn't ask.
- The American-German couple at the taco place. I should have asked them how their burritos were straightaway, even though I knew that I was going to buy one anyways. (By the way, that burrito was wonderful - a great mix of kebab, scandinavian-style pickled onion, and mexican meat. I would not call the place tex-mex, but )
- The guy asked me about my watch at that restaurant - the person working behind the desk - both wonderful and tried to strike up a conversation. Should have kept talking to the Californian and her friend after asking for directions too - they kept asking about me and wanted to have a conversation! I could have had a wonderful night.
- (Aside: I'm surprised how much German I can barely understand from the Swedish I can barely understand. A lot of the vocabulary I'm missing from English is quite similar.)
- Love how pleasant joking around with people who pulled up on the street was; one guy (in his 60s, thereabouts) had a bike bell mounted onto his motorcycle and rang it as I nodded my head. We made eye contact and laughed together.
- Two guys pulled up in a car in the turn lane in front of the burrito place. I nodded hello, then went to take a drink from my Fritz Apple; the can was empty. I looked and he laughed. I pulled out the vatten - (water - oops - but no backspaces today) - and they joked about it being vodka. Unfortunately not. Maybe next time!
Reach out to everyone. You need to be socialmaxxing, to get to know everyone, to making connections around the world, to finding out why she would live in Hamburg.
What have I learned? That I need to be well-rested and feel good to feel prepared for that kind of thing. I need to have a decent outfit on, feel comfortable, etc... I've also learned that some people haven't paid for the Hamburg train in five years.
I also need to use as much of my free time as possible when I'm not around people to learn and build. Learn more languages - just the start, so I can build on those things in real life. Make a better website. Take more photos. Wear better clothes.Wear better clothes. Keep going!!! Maximize what you can do in whatever position you're in. In Stockholm I should be aggressively making.
I like staying in places for long periods of time. One week feels good; it seems to fit well, but two weeks might be better. You want to be able to meet people one day and have enough time to see them again - one on one - to do something you both enjoy together before leaving the destination, and not just on some euro trip stuff. Meet a local.