🏛 Stoas near [[@agora/2023 09 29]]
📚 Node [[2023-09-29]]
↳ 📓 Resource [[@agora/2023 09 29]]
- 29 is drishti in the #Flancia Pattern Language.
My hobby, sometimes: think about whether numbers are prime while laying down or sitting.
Take 209 -- it is not prime.
I find this one quite beautiful, this is how I got there:
- It is not multiple of two or five trivially.
- It is not a multiple of three as its digits don't add up to a multiple.
- It is not a multiple of 7 because 210 is (as 21 is 3 * 7) and it's too near.
Consider the hypothesis that it is multiple of 11.
- 220 is a multiple of 11 because 22 is.
- 220 - 11 is 209.
- So 209 is a multiple of 11. What is the other factor?
Consider the hypothesis that it is a multiple of 19.
- 19 * 10 is 190.
- 190 + 19 is 209 precisely, so it is a multiple.
- Therefore 209 is 11 * 19.
- I find this one quite beautiful, this is how I got there:
- 1547 is not prime; it is 7 * 13 * 17.
- Take 209 -- it is not prime.
- Friday, 09/29/23 ** 09:24 Specialized tools are good.
- Ricoh(s): everyday cameras.
- Fuji X system: day shooting, video.
- GFX (future): serious client, portrait, editorial work.
X-T3 is great. Upgrade to the next X-Pro when available. GFX tilt-shift lens is incredible. Would seriously transform my photos of buildings. GFX-50R ii, hopefully. ** 13:03 Internet history is becoming more and more difficult to track -- how do we archive all of those TikToks? Connect the links? I'm sure everyone's said the same about Facebook and Instagram, but - distressed. ** 14:39 hey ** 17:40 Thinking about decoration --
I would never want a photo I've taken in my house, but I would love a sketch or a watercolor or an oil painting or a sculpture or a piece of jewelry or some furniture. I don't really enjoy photos in other people's homes.
Maybe I'm doing the wrong thing. Maybe photos are just for Instagram.
But they're not; I love looking at photos, photos of buildings and people that tell stories, that present these super minimal landscapes. Those have a different use case.
I want to make everything myself, though - and I'm a bit ashamed that I couldn't reasonably make decorations for my apartment.